CFC162 - Glitter & Snowflakes

Friday, December 2, 2016

Happy Friday friends. There's a new challenge at CAS-ual Fridays that just started and for this challenge, we want to see glitter and snowflakes on your card or other project. Remember that there is up to $50 that can be won from CAS-ual Fridays for entering.

For my card, I started by scribbling on some of my distress crayons in various shades of blues and purples. I have never used these before and was just experimenting a bit. After I scribbled them onto my water color card stock, I spritzed it quite liberally with water to make them move a bit. You can see that the purple didn't quite blend very well but the others moved a bit and softened out. I definitely need more practice with these crayons. 

Once my panel was dry, I stamped these beautiful snowflakes in silver ink from the Bring on the Snowflakes set from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps.  I left a spot in the bottom right corner for a sentiment from the Snowy Sayings stamp set.

Once this was all done, I added a strip of glitter paper to the left of my card and then added my card panel.

I hope you all have an amazing day. Crafty hugs!






2 comments :

Jeanne said...

Ooooh, this looks really pretty, Alanna! I kind of like the way the distress crayons look in the background...a little different than one would expect, but really neat. The snowflakes look great in gray and the sparkly strip just sets everything off so nicely. Great sentiment. Terrific holiday card. Hope you have a wonderful and crafty weekend! Hugs! :)

Kim Heggins said...

Absolutely beautiful card Alanna...love your sweet and festive snow flakes on your stunning background.

Declarations

I work with the following companies and do receive product from them to use on this blog on occasion; however, all opinions are my own and I would never promote anything or any store that I don't believe in

Whimsy Stamps, Spellbinders, This Calls for Confetti, Topflight Stamps


I also participate in several affiliate programs. If you click on links to those stores and make a purchase, I receive a small commission that is used in the costs of running this blog. Thank you for your support
Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs